Hi, I’m Taara.
This is me.
I applied makeup and smiled for this picture,
so that I wouldn’t scare any of you with my morning face.
Anyway, here are a few things you should know about me if you decide to read this blog:
- Some of you may have visited my first attempt at a blog called “A Writing Mama’s Journal.” (The links below are still linked with content on that site.) For the next few months, I’ll be shifting over content from that site over to this one….. Please bear with me! Thank you!
- All of my education and work experiences have been in business and engineering, but I’ve decided to toss all that to the side to pursue writing. This should be fun…..
- I’m going through a mid-life crisis. Most of my midlife friends jog and diet. I blog and eat cake pops. Tomato, ta-mah-toe.
- I get asked “What are you?” A LOT. Why? I guess my East Indian heritage isn’t obvious to a lot of people. You’ll be subjected to an occasional rant about racism and immigration if you subscribe to this blog. (I Am The Daughter Of Foreigners)
- I am acquiring wisdom, which means I freely admit when I don’t know something. You’ll also be subjected to many of “My Thoughts On” or “Things To Consider” essays that I’m writing for myself as I learn how to write a novel. I hope other aspiring writers will find them helpful.
- I walked away from a career in the automotive industry to stay at home with my two small children (Son Bugaboo and Daughter Jelly Bean). I spend each day in a battle for household supremacy. One day, I may just hide under the covers and let them have the house. But so far, I’m still in charge. Sort of.
- I’m married to a saint of a man (Pooky-Bunny) who is humoring me as I try to be a writer. I promised to maintain his privacy on this blog, but have already embarrassed him by writing about our love story. Sorry, Pooky-Bunny!
- I love myths, legends and stories about beings with “supernatural” powers. My supernatural power used to be caffeine immunity. I lost it after giving birth to child #2, but am downing espresso shots until I build it back up again. Did I mention that I may have a problem with coffee addiction?
In short, there is no rhyme or reason to the topics on this blog since I’m in survival mode right now. Thank you for your patience as I muddle my way through this new adventure! I’m looking forward to meeting all of you out there in the blogosphere!